That my first trimester would be so hard on my partnership. I always
wanted a family and looked forward to being pregnant, but my hormones
were raging and I felt unsure and unhappy for a while. I didn't expect
my fiance and I would fight as much as we did!
No one ever tells you what daily life will be like with during pregnancy. If
they did they wouldn't be able to look you in the eye because the truth
isn't pretty. Normally confident I couldn't imagine how I would care for a new baby and what I was supposed to do with her all day long.
I dreaded seeing the door close as my fiance hurried to catch the tricycle to work every morning. I wondered if flinging myself at his feet
would stop him from leaving me alone for 9 hours by teaching his students, Sometimes I beg him first do not go to work, but still he must go on for our everyday needs.
Armed with little or no previous experience, I must be responsible for
the care, nourishment, safety, and stimulation for a new baby. No wonder
new moms feel overwhelmed. But know this: You will not be the first mom
to feel this way and you will figure things out. While that may be cold
comfort during the early days it's a start.
This is what i need to have on hand for the early days with my newborn baby
Clothing:
when I'm 7 months pregnant i prepared 4 pairs of pants, 3 newborn hats, 2 pairs of scratch mittens to keep baby from scratching his face, 4 cardigans or jackets.
Some nursing mothers like to have these items:
Lots of bibs, Milk storage containers, Nursing pillow, Breast pump.
Diapering
Several dozen (4 or 5) cloth or re-usable diapers, 8 waterproof covers, 1 diaper pail, Baby ointment or other barrier cream to prevent rash, Disposable wipes or a couple dozen washcloths for cleaning baby's bottom.
Bedtime:
If you are using a crib:
Approved crib and crib mattress, 3 waterproof mattress covers, 4 fitted crib sheets,4 light blankets that fit in the crib, Sleep sack.
if you are co-sleeping:
Firm mattress (not a waterbed) ,
3 waterproof pads to place under baby, Light comforter.
3 waterproof pads to place under baby, Light comforter.

No comments:
Post a Comment